Arcon Housing Association Limited

News & Events

  1. Home
  2. News & Events
  3. Brand new Arcon homes for rent and sale

Brand new Arcon homes for rent and sale

September 2016

New Arcon Homes

We are delighted that, despite the very challenging times we live in and our comparatively small size, we will have added a total of 32 brand new homes, to our housing stock, by the end of 2016.

At Ravensfield Way, in Dukinfield, our contractors, Wiggett Construction, have built seven 3 bedroom houses. These high quality family homes have been designed in such a way that the ground floor toilet can easily be adapted to house a walk-in shower. Meanwhile, at St Andrew’s Drive, in Droylsden, Tyson Construction built six 3 bedroom, semi-detached houses on the former site of St Andrew’s Sunday School. We are sure it will come as no surprise that there was huge demand for both schemes which were let as soon as the keys were handed to Arcon, by the contractors.

At the time of going to press, we have a scheme of new homes, for rent, on site in Bailey Street, Droylsden. Work is at the early stages with five new, two bedroom houses being built, again by our contractor, Tyson Construction. The new homes are due to be completed, in December 2016.

Meanwhile,at Bradburn Road, in Irlam, we are eagerly awaiting handover of 14 new houses, being built by the Strategic Team Group. The new homes are a mixture of two, three and four bedroom houses, with 12 being let at affordable rents and two sold on a shared ownership basis.

Arcon has a long history of developing homes for shared ownership. This route, into home ownership, involves buying a share in a property and paying a rent on the remainder, with an opportunity to buy further shares, up to full ownership. The full value, of the Bradburn Road two bedroom, shared ownership homes, is £130,000 meaning a 25% share can be purchased for £32,500, with a rent of £223 being payable monthly, to Arcon, on the remaining 75% share.

If anyone is interested in receiving more information, on the Bradburn Road shared ownership homes or shared ownership in general, please contact Karen Moore on 0161 214 4120.