- Reference: FIN001
- Application closing date: 13 Mar 2019 23:55
General Purpose of Role
- To provide effective and efficient financial management information to the Association by ensuring accurate processing of transactions.
- To prepare the statutory and management accounts for the Group.
- To prepare the budget and business plan.
- To assist in the delivery of excellent customer focused services.
To prepare the management accounts for the Arcon Group, KPIs and budget monitoring information for all departments, producing reports for the board and parent where required.
- Prepare the draft annual budget, liaising with operational colleagues to do this.
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing the long-term business plan.
- Preparation of the returns required by the Regulator of Social Housing and other regulatory returns such as VAT.
- Maintain the fixed asset register through administering and reconciling the capitalisation and depreciation of components items and other fixed assets.
- Responsibility for the preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead on the annual rent and service charge setting process for tenants and leaseholders.
- Monitor the cash flow and produce forecasts in accordance with the Treasury Management Strategy.
- Assist in the provision of benchmarking information to enable the assessment of the value for money of the services provided.
- Manage and motivate a team of three, including the Management Accountant and two Finance Officers.
- Liaise with the Finance Director to ensure development of systems, improving efficiency and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Maintain and review policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and other duties as directed by the Senior Finance team.
- Deputise for the Finance Director in respect of responsibilities related to the job holder's function.
- Ability to work on own initiative and establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate, manage and develop the team with proven line management experience.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensures own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of Arcon.
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of customers, internal and external, to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Computer literate including database management with strong Excel skills.
- Capability to manage large workloads to tight deadlines, often under pressure.
- Process driven approach with the ability to continuously improve ways of working.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Qualified accountant with a relevant professional accountancy qualification or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years finance and accounting experience (preferably in the social housing sector)
- Whilst not essential, experience of leasehold management and service charges would be desirable.
- Understanding of the operational workings of a small/medium sized company.
- A good knowledge of sound financial practice, procedures and systems.
- Experience of computerised accounting and information systems.
- Strong Excel skills
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £Circa £45000 Annually