- Application closing date: 24 Jun 2019 13:53
General Purpose of Role
- To provide an effective and efficient response repairs service, alongside a planned cyclical and major repairs programme.
- To manage contractors that deliver the service to our customers.
- To prepare and manage the maintenance budget.
- To ensure that customers receive a high-quality repairs and maintenance service.
- Manage a team of building surveyors and estate service officers.
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team.
- Ensure the association complies with all regulatory compliance issues relating to landlord responsibilities including Gas servicing, legionella, electrical safety, fire risk assessments, asbestos, CDM and health and safety.
- Take on the role of Building Safety Manager for the association.
- To prepare the repairs and maintenance budget, KPIs and budget monitoring information for responsive repairs and the major repairs programme.
- Produce a variety of reports for the Board, the Executive Team and Leadership Team.
- Ensure we receive value for money for repairs, voids, cyclical programmes and major repairs, whilst maintaining excellent quality standards.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the cyclical and major repairs programmes, prepare the specifications and tender documents, prepare contracts for works, supervise the contracts and authorise stage payments up to completion of works.
- Ensure void properties are inspected and repaired ready for re-letting within business plan target.
- To provide the Operations Director and Finance team with up to date cashflow forecasts for all maintenance expenditure, ensuring expenditure remains within budget.
- Manage the responsive repairs contract, authorise payments and liaise with the Head of Finance on approved payments schedules.
- Manage the delivery of service contracts such as gardening, cleaning, and CCTV.
- Maintain and keep up to date the asset register and assist the Operations Director in in formulating the Asset Management Strategy for Arcon feeding into the Group Asset Management strategy.
- To lead on the annual review of the approved schedule of maintenance contractors, ensuring we obtain value for money and provide a quality service to our customers.
- Take the lead on dealing with any customer complaints regarding the provision of the repairs and maintenance service.
- Assist in the provision of benchmarking information to enable the assessment of the value for money of the services provided.
- Manage and motivate a team of Building Surveyors and Estate Services Officers.
- Liaise with the Operations Director to ensure development of systems, improving efficiency and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Maintain and review policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and other duties as directed by the Executive Team.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Construction related degree, HND or HNC or equivalent in construction-based discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years repairs and maintenance or construction experience (preferably in the social housing sector).
- Thorough understanding of all Health and Safety issues relating to housing and the construction industry. A health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH or NGC1 would be an advantage.
- Experience of tendering and contract administration of complex projects.
- Experience of dealing with customer complaints, finding a solution and respond in line with Company guidelines.
- Ability to undertake site surveys and inspections.
- Ability to work on own initiative and establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate, manage and develop the team with proven line management experience.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensures own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of Arcon.
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of customers, internal and external, to meet or exceed their expectations. Ability to liaise with customers and undertake consultation exercises.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Computer literate including intermediate excel skills.
- Capability to manage large workloads to tight deadlines, often under pressure.
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Pay: ££40-£42k Annually
- Start date: 11 Jun 2019 13:53
- End date: 24 Jun 2019 13:53
What we can offer in return
Arcon can offer you a competitive remuneration package which includes a salary circa £40k negotiable dependent on experience and your track record of achievement. Arcon offers a range of other benefits including, a generous employer contribution to the pension scheme, private medical insurance, good holiday entitlement and free staff car parking.